ISIS is a Salafi jihadi terrorist organization. ISIS stand for the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. The organization has been active since 1999 and operates in Libya, Yemen, Algeria, Somali and some other territories in the Middle East and Africa. ISIS jihadis conduct acts of terror, armed seizure of territories, drug and human trafficking, racketeering and religious propaganda. ISIS is being funded by private sympathizers and businesses. Multiple governments have been accused of financing ISIS. Ways of financing terrorists vary, as it can involve secret bank accounts, cryptocurrencies and/or cash exchanges. ISIS’s Bitcoin financing is one of the major concerns held toward cryptocurrencies, due to their privacy. ISIS crypto financing was stated as one of the main reasons to implement strict Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies in many Bitcoin exchanges.
- Direttore del DTTC: le blockchain potrebbero "mettere a repentaglio la sicurezza" del sistema finanziario
- CEO di BitPay: l'adozione di massa dei pagamenti su blockchain arriverà tra 3-5 anni
- I modelli di business dovrebbero essere "ripensati" per le blockchain, sostiene un rappresentante di Barclays
- L'exchange di criptovalute Binance aggiunge il supporto alla stablecoin USDC di Circle
- Coinbase reintegra il supporto per PayPal, attualmente soltanto per gli Stati Uniti