Ransomware is a type of malicious software made for the extortion of money. In principle, the software works by blocking the whole computer system or access to a user’s data through file encryption and then demands a ransom from the victim. Ransomware attacks are mainly target large organizations, as they have a large amount of valuable information and are ready to pay for it. Currently, as cryptocurrency has become one of the most convenient and fastest ways of payment, a lot of companies buy digital currencies in order to escape quickly from a ransomware attack. Bitcoin has also become one of the most popular currencies that is demanded by extorters as payment because of its relative anonymity and speed of transactions.
- Secondo un rapporto, più dell'80% del volume generato dalle prime 25 coppie di trading BTC sarebbe generato tramite wash trading
- Blockstream lancia un quinto satellite per trasmettere la blockchain del Bitcoin dallo spazio
- Nuova ondata di rialzi per i mercati delle criptovalute: Bitcoin riconquista il proprio supporto a 3.500$
- La CONSOB sospende due società che offrivano schemi di investimento fraudolenti basati su criptovaluta
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Stellar, EOS, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, TRON, Cardano: Analisi dei prezzi, 17 dicembre