A block reward is a certain number of coins which are provided to a block discoverer in return for the energy that was spent on the mining process. The Bitcoin mining reward is an additional bounty for miners, which is usually combined with fees paid by users when making transactions. The current Bitcoin block reward is 12.5 bitcoins. As currency emission is controlled by the algorithm, this value halves every 210,000 blocks. The Bitcoin reward per block is a great tool to encourage the maintenance of the network and to control the growth of it. In the future, when the block reward will be smaller, miners will earn most of their profit through transaction fees. In proof-of-work-based cryptocurrencies, the block reward is usually stable and predicted by their algorithm. In proof-of-stake cryptos, the reward is dependent on the amount of a miner’s resources and, sometimes, the age of their stake.
- Secondo un rapporto, più dell'80% del volume generato dalle prime 25 coppie di trading BTC sarebbe generato tramite wash trading
- Blockstream lancia un quinto satellite per trasmettere la blockchain del Bitcoin dallo spazio
- Nuova ondata di rialzi per i mercati delle criptovalute: Bitcoin riconquista il proprio supporto a 3.500$
- La CONSOB sospende due società che offrivano schemi di investimento fraudolenti basati su criptovaluta
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Stellar, EOS, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, TRON, Cardano: Analisi dei prezzi, 17 dicembre